As per the Expert’s recommendations, Lunch is an important meal of our day because food gives you energy. In mid the day, lunch raises the blood sugar level and focuses on the rest of the afternoon. So, in this article on healthy Indian vegetarian lunch recipes, we will share with you some Best Healthy Indian Vegetarian Lunch Recipes that you might have never considered before.
As per researchers, people who generally don’t eat lunch tend to gain more weight because they overeat during dinner time to compensate for lunch.
A healthful diet and our healthy Indian vegetarian lunch recipes typically include nutrient-dense foods from all major food groups, including lean proteins, fruits, vegetables, whole grains, healthful fats, etc.
Good health comes from a good diet plan, and it has many health advantages like protecting the heart, preventing disease, and building strong bones.
While selecting the lunch options for this blog, our top priority has been the least time required for cooking and to serve you a variety of tastes. So, if you too are bored of eating the same old roti, rice and dal, then keep reading this article as we will share with you 7 Healthy Indian Vegetarian Lunch Recipes lunchbox ideas that anyone can cook using few ingredients, without compromising on taste.
7 Best Healthy Indian Vegetarian Lunch Recipes
1. Veggie Sweet potato
- 4 medium (~1/3 lb each) sweet potatoes
- 1/2 Tbsp Mustard oil
- 1/2 tsp each cumin seed, black pepper, rock sale, turmeric
- 1 Tbsp chopped onions
- 1/2 cup veggie as per your choice
- 102 cup Water
- Few pieces of Tamarin
- Take the tamarin and put it in hot water for 10-15 min.
- In a pan, add mustard oil and add cumin seed, black pepper, rock sale, turmeric, add onions and add the boiled sweet potato. Gently mash it.
- Once it ready, add tamarind water to it.
2. Cabbage sandwich
- 1 Cup of shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup curd or Malai
- 1/2 TSP black pepper
- 1/2 TSP rock salt
- 2 whole-wheat bread slices
- Mix all the ingredients except bread slices. Generously apply the mixture over the bread slices.
3. Beans pulao
- 1 tbsp ghee / clarified butter
- 1 bay leaf / tej patta
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1-inch cinnamon stick / dalchini
- 4 clove / leaving
- 1 tsp jeera/cumin
- ½ onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- ¼ tsp turmeric / Haldi
- 1 cup rajma
- 1 Cup Chickpeas
- 1 cup black chana
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp Rock salt
- 1 cup brown rice(soaked 20 minutes)
- 2 cup of water
- First, you need a pressure cooker to heat ghee to saute 1 bay leaf, ¼ tsp pepper, 1-inch cinnamon, and 1 tsp jeera till they turn aromatic.
- Also, saute ½ onion until it turns slightly golden.
- After that, add ginger paste and saute well.
- Add 1 tomato and saute till the time it turns soft and mushy.
- Add 1 cup rajma, 1 Cup chickpeas, 1 Cup black chana (soaked overnight and boiled for 10 minutes), and saute for a minute.
- Now add spices and 1 tsp rock salt. Saute on low flame.
- Please add in 1 cup brown rice, soaked 20 minutes, and saute for a minute.
- Add 2 cups of water and 2 tbsp coriander leaves. Stir it well.
- Cover it to pressure cook on a medium flame for 2 whistles.
- Finally, serve beans pulao.
PS: This was personally my favourite healthy indian vegetarian lunch recipe! 🙂
4. Paneer capsicum Roll
- For Paneer Marination
- 6 tablespoon Hung Curd or thick curd
- ½ tablespoon of ketchup
- ¼ teaspoon ajwain (carom seeds)
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 whole wheat chapati
- 200 grams Paneer (cottage cheese)
- ⅓ capsicum/bell pepper/Shimla Mirch
- ⅓ thinly sliced onion
- Rock salt as required
- 2 tablespoons mustard oil for pan-frying paneer
- First, you need to Prepare Paneer Tikka Marination
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the marination, except paneer.
- Please add 200 grams of chopped paneer cubes.
- Gently mix it and let marination coat the paneer cubes evenly. Cover and keep aside for approximately 30 minutes. If you are keeping it for more than 30 minutes, then we will suggest you refrigerate it.
- Take one roti, and on that, Spread your mint-coriander-curd chutney over it.
- After that, place the paneer tikka cubes in the center and Top with the veg salad.
- Like we roll the wrap as same as Roll both the sides of the roti.
- Wrap half portion of the rolls in butter paper or aluminum foil as per availability.
- Serve the Paneer Kathi roll with the green chutney or tomato ketchup.
5. Millet soya biryani
- 1/2 cup Millet, soaked
- 50-gram soya chunks soaked
- 2 Onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 2 Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 inch Ginger, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- Rock Salt, to taste
- Whole Spice
- 2 Bay leaves (tej patta)
- 2-inch Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- 2 cloves (Laung)
- 1 Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds
- 1 Star anise
- 2 Stone flower
- To Grind
- 2 Green Chilli, chopped
- 5 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves
- 5 sprig Mint Leaves (Pudina)
- To begin making the Millet soya Biryani, we will first grind the ingredients apart from the soya chunks mentioned in the list to a fine paste and keep it aside.
- Heat a Kadai with ghee, add all the whole spice and leave it for 8-10 seconds for the aroma to be released.
- Then add chopped onions, ginger and saute them until it softens.
- Once the onions soften, add chopped tomatoes, a little bit of rock salt to get cooked faster.
- When your tomatoes become mushy, add the ground green paste, add all the spice powders mentioned in the list.
- Once the masala starts to bubble, you can add soya chunks and give it a toss. Add about 1 cup of water and allow the soya chunk and millet to cook with the masalas.
- Stir well and cover it with the lid and cook in low heat for about 10-15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, open the lid and mix the millet rice with the masala well and serve.
- Serve the Millet soya Biryani Recipe along with a raitha.
6. Chickpea whole wheat Pasta
- 1/4 Cup Onion Finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup Soaked Chick Peas
- 1/4 Cup Tomato Finely chopped
- 1 Tsp Green chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1/2 Tsp rock Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Black pepper
- 1 grated ginger
- 50 gram chopped spinach
- 1/4 Tsp Red Chili Flakes Optional
- 2 Tbsp olive Oil
- It would help if you took a big pan to add water and bring it to a boil on a high flame.
- When it’s become boil, then turn the stove to low flame.
- Now add rock Salt, olive Oil, and Penne Pasta. Mix it well.
- Cook till the pasta gets soft and tender to eat for approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Take the oil into a pan and add ginger, tomato, rock salt, red chilli flakes, black pepper, and saute it.
- Once the pasta is ready, mix it with the saute masala ingredients, and it’s ready to serve.
- These were some of the quick, practical, and healthy options you should try and share your valuable feedback with us.
7. Masala Khichdi
- 1½ cups of brown rice
- 1 cup moong dal
- 1 tsp cow ghee
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium-size tomatoes
- 1 sweet potato, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup green peas, frozen or fresh
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1- inch knob of ginger, grated
- Rock Salt to taste
- ½ cup chopped coriander
- Heat the Cow Ghee in a saucepan or pressure cooker as per availability.
- Then add the cumin seeds and when they sputter, add the onions.
- Saute, stirring, till the time brown spots appear on the onions.
- Then add the ginger and saute another for one minute.
- Then add the tomato puree, turmeric. Cook it; you need to stir it timely until the tomato puree bubbles at the corners.
- Add the vegetables.
- Add the brown rice and lentils.
- Mix everything well together, then add 5-6 cups of water or vegetable stock.
- If you’re using a pressure cooker, you need to cover it now and let the khichdi cook for 20 minutes.
- If you are using the stovetop, then bring the water to a boil, cover the pot with a tight-fitting lid and cook for 40 to 45 minutes, or brown rice and lentils become really soft. As per requirement, add more water if needed at any time. The khichdi should be slightly runny consistency, like a risotto.
- Open the pressure cooker or pot.
- Garnish with the coriander or mint leaves as per availability.
- Serve hot.
So these are our 7 Best Healthy Indian Vegetarian Lunch Recipes that you must try!